Sunday 6 October 2013

Fiction; My Alternate Universe

The best part of love is falling...
everything seems so irrelevant now,
everything i thought was reason enough.
i didnt think it would be like this...
living without you that is.
i have tried to move on from you,
buh it seems i'm still on the mend.
The best part was falling,
one touch, and i was a believer... one kiss, and i was bound by your spell
but when its all said and done,
"How the hell does a broken heart get back together when its torn apart...
teach itself to start beating again... *thud thud thud thud*?"
Your pride, Your ego and Your selfish ways caused me to walk,
but Your love, Your tenderness, Your warm embrace and Your laugh kept me from going too far...
My head keeps screaming, telling me to go... i probably should
but my feet and my heart, one tune in spirit, can't move any further away.
My heart breaks when i hear your name,
tears well up in my eyes,
there's a squeeze in my chest.
Does this mean i can't move on? Is this a prelude to life without you? Lonely nights crying silently and wishing, oh wishing.....
Or is this how everybody feels, on the long road to moving on?
We had the best time
Now its the worst time.
The stars have journeyed from my eyes, in their quest to find dry sights..
The wind only blows memories in my face,
and makes my eyes water when it comes on too strong.

In my alternate universe, there would be some justice in the world,
You'd be mine and I'd be yours.
You'd scrub my back in the shower and hold me while i sleep.
The stars would journey back to my eyes, One way ticket,
And the wind, Oh yes the wind, would blow memories that would have the sun lighting up my smile.
If there's any justice in the world, you'd be my future...
If there's any justice, my alternate universe, just like the last time, would be my reality...
But this time, we'd ride to the death.

2 comments:

  1. I won't say this wonderful piece of work came from boredom, trust me. Ol I can say is it came from the depth of the heart and its plain sincerity, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Pls mk ds into a song so I cn put it on replay.... d words are true, deep, sincere and touching. u'd hv to be d devil himself nt to empathise...

    ReplyDelete