Thursday 14 November 2013

The "TWITTER ATTENTION SYNDROME"



For those of you who missed it, this is what actually went down between Don Jazzy and Wande Coal...

The ongoing altercation between former co-workers and dare I say friends Wande Coal and Don Jazzy is nothing short of stunning
While the world saw the release of Wande's new single "Babyface" to which fans gave glowing reviews (me included), it also signaled the beginning of a new "beef" era which started with Don Jazzy posting this tweet... "How long will I continue 2 sweat and some people will choose to steal from me. I am nice and easy going doesn't mean u should disrespect me". Of course, we all wondered what was going on in the eventful world of Don Jazzy again. The answer was not long coming.
Apparently in accordance to Don Jazzy's tweets, Wande stole the song (Babyface) from him - intellectual property theft. He supported this allegation by posting a link on his twitter page which he tagged; "OK, THIS IS A STUDIO DEMO I MADE ABOUT A YEAR AGO. DON JAZZY- #BABYFACE..." he went ahead to urge the Black Diamond to "do the right thing asap" by giving him his credit. In reply to Wande's tweet asking him if he did not want to see him grow, the Don sighted numerous instances where he helped Wande, including sponsoring him to perform around the world "without collecting a dime" from him.
The Black Diamond on the other hand was shocked at these allegations, and with a "sad heart" responded to the Don's tweets. He tweeted "@DonJazzy after all these years of being loyal to you I can never believe you will ever say this to me.trying to bring me down on twitter". He went ahead to state that the Don wasn't God and could therefore not stop him.
Putting an end to the matter (@tleast on twitter and for the benefit of the fans), he also posted a link to the "Original studio demo version of Babyface that @DonJazzy recorded with him last year" and ended it with the words... "I REST MY CASE".
While fans are urging the Don to settle the matter in court, we would recall that there was a similar 'track record event' when D'banj left the then "Mo Hits Records". It is at this point I would spell out Wande's tweet to the Don that struck a cord in me and actually made me sit back and wonder, he said "@DonJazzy you have my phone number, email address and my DM to communicate with me, but you choose twitter attention syndrome".
I readily agree with him here. Mind you, I'm not picking sides, but after all is said and done, there's a million ways to skin a fish, in this case, trying to garner attention and sympathy isn't one of them. Following this, I do believe the Don, (I'd give the benefit of the doubt and say, probably in the heat of the moment was actually trying to "bring him down on twitter", apparently cos of the "twitter attention syndrome" he's too caught up on.
If you have a right you feel has been infringed upon, make use of the legal system readily available to all and maintain the high level of respect the masses have for you... and ehhn, *clears throat* @DonJazzy I'm almost a lawyer, I can give advise... of course at a fee. But it won't be too high oh! Promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment